Here are the top 10 Hindi movies you must watch if you want to understand the culture and language.
Checkout this video:
Bollywood’s top 10 must-watch Hindi movies
With so many great options to choose from, it can be hard to know where to start when you’re looking for the best Hindi movies. Here are 10 of our favorites that we think you’ll love, too!
1. Lagaan: This exhilarating sports drama is set in British India during the late 1800s, and follows the unlikely story of a group of impoverished villagers who agree to play a cricket match in order to avoid paying outrageous taxes.
2. Rang De Basanti: This heartwarming drama is set against the backdrop of India’s struggle for independence, and follows a group of young friends who come together to form a patriotic youth organization.
3. Dil Chahta Hai: This coming-of-age comedy-drama follows three childhood friends as they navigate their way through love, friendship, and life in contemporary Mumbai.
4. 3 Idiots: This hilarious comedy tells the story of two friends who go on a quest to find their missing third friend, and ends up teaching them the real meaning of success.
5. Taare Zameen Par: This touching drama follows the story of an eight-year-old boy who is struggling in school and is thought to be dyslexic, and how his art teacher helps him discover his true potential.
6. Rang Birangi: This light-hearted romantic comedy follows the misadventures of two men who fall in love with the same woman and end up becoming friends in the process.
7. Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro: This classic comedy flick explores the dark side of society through the lives of two struggling photographers who inadvertently get caught up in a web of corruption.
8. Chak De! India: This inspiring sports drama tells the story of a former hockey player who takes on the challenge of coaching India’s national women’s hockey team to victory at the world championships.
9. Pyaasa: This timeless classic revolves around a poet who is frustrated with society’s indifference towards art and artists, and how his unrequited love for a courtesan changes his life forever.
The best of Bollywood – must watch Hindi movies
There are many reasons why people love Bollywood movies. The colorful costumes, the intriguing plots, the spectacular song and dance routines – there is something for everyone in a Bollywood movie. If you are new to Hindi movies, or if you are looking for some good ones to watch, here is a list of the top 10 must watch Hindi movies.
1. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge – This is one of the most popular Bollywood movies of all time. It is a love story between two young people who are from different cultures.
2. Lagaan – This movie is set in the colonial era and is about a group of farmers who compete against the British in a game of cricket.
3. Rang De Basanti – This film is about a group of university students who take up arms against the government.
4. 3 Idiots – This comedy revolves around three friends who engineering students at college.
5. Taare Zameen Par – This movie is about a child with dyslexia and how he is helped by his art teacher to overcome his difficulties.
6. Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai – This is a classic romance between two young people from different worlds.
7. Dil Chahta Hai – This movie is about three friends and their journey through life as they discover themselves and their relationships with others.
8. Rang Birangi – This comedy film is about a man who tries to win back his ex-wife by pretending to be someone else.
Why you must watch Hindi movies
Movie buffs around the world have a great love for Hindi movies. Although most of these movies are available with English subtitles, there are many that aren’t. Watching a Hindi movie with English subtitles can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s definitely worth it. If you’re looking for a list of must watch Hindi movies, here are the top 10 that you should watch.
1. Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai: This romantic thriller made Hrithik Roshan and Ameesha Patel overnight sensations. The story revolves around a man who falls in love with a woman who is already in love with someone else.
2. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge: This classic romance is about two people who are forced to marry each other but eventually fall in love. It stars Shahrukh Khan and Kajol in lead roles and is one of the most popular Hindi movies ever made.
3. Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India: This epic sports drama is set in the British colonial era and is about a group of farmers who play cricket to win freedom from taxes. It stars Aamir Khan in the lead role and is one of the most successful Hindi movies ever made.
4. Rang De Basanti: This inspirational drama is about a group of friends who join the Indian military after college and end up fighting for their country during the war against Pakistan. It stars Aamir Khan, Siddharth, Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Kapoor, Atul Kulkarni, Sharman Joshi, Madhavan and Alice Patten in lead roles.
5. 3 Idiots: This comedy-drama is about two friends who search for their third friend who left college years ago without completing his engineering degree. It stars Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, R Madhavan, Sharman Joshi and Boman Irani in lead roles and was one of the highest grossing Hindi movies ever made.
6. PK: This comedy-drama stars Aamir Khan as an alien who comes to Earth on a research mission and ends up getting stranded here when his ship is damaged. He then sets out on a journey to find his way back home which changes his life forever.
How to watch Hindi movies
In order to watch a Hindi movie, you need to have a television that can receive Hindi channels, or you need to have a computer with an internet connection and an account with a website that offers Hindi movies. Most websites that offer Hindi movies will require you to pay a monthly fee in order to watch the movies. Once you have access to a Hindi movie, you can sit back and enjoy the film.
The top 10 reasons to watch Hindi movies
Whether you’re a fan of Bollywood or not, there are many good reasons to watch Hindi movies. Here are the top 10 reasons to watch Hindi movies:
1. There is a wide variety of genres to choose from.
2. You can watch them with English subtitles.
3. They are often very musical.
4. The clothes and colors are very beautiful.
5. The storylines are usually very emotional.
6. The acting is usually very over-the-top and dramatic.
7. They are often very funny.
8. They usually have a happy ending.
9. They are a great way to learn about another culture.
10. They are just plain entertaining!
The benefits of watching Hindi movies
Apart from being a stress buster, watching Hindi movies has several benefits. They help improve our language skills, widen our cultural horizon and also keep us updated with the latest trends in the entertainment industry. Here are 10 reasons why you should watch Hindi movies:
1. They help improve our language skills: Watching Hindi movies with English subtitles is a great way to improve your language skills. Not only will you be able to follow the dialogues better, but you will also get a hang of the colloquial terms and accent.
2. They keep us updated with the latest trends in the entertainment industry: Keeping up with the latest Bollywood news and gossips is no easy feat. But if you are a movie buff, all you need to do is watch any of the latest Hindi releases to stay updated with all that’s happening in tinsel town.
3. They help widen our cultural horizon: Hindi movies are not just about Bollywood celebrities and fancy cars. They also offer a glimpse into the diverse culture and customs followed by people living in different parts of India.
4. They entertain as well as educate: There are plenty of Hindi movies which are not just entertaining but also informative. These films deal with various social issues and offer valuable lessons on life, love, friendship and relationships.
5. They help us relax and unwind: After a long tiring day at work, all we want to do is relax and unwind. And what better way to do so than by watching our favorite Hindi movie!
6. They boost our mood and confidence: Watching a humorous movie or an inspirational flick is often known to boost one’s mood and confidence levels instantly. So if you are feeling low or stressed out, make it a point to watch a good Hindi film at the earliest!
7. They make us more patient: Love stories or family dramas often tend to be slow-paced and draggy. But instead of getting irritated, we must learn to appreciate them for what they are – heartfelt tales told in a simple manner that can make us more patient in real life as well!
8. They help bring families together: In today’s fast-paced world, we seldom get time to spend quality time with our loved ones. However, watching a family entertainer like Hum Saath Saath Hain or Baghban can be a great way to bond with your near and dear ones.
The top 10 Hindi movies to watch
Whether you’re a fan of Bollywood or not, there are some Hindi movies that are simply a must watch. From classics that have stood the test of time to modern day blockbusters, these are the top 10 Hindi movies that should be on your watch list.
2. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
5. 3 Idiots
7. Hera Pheri
8. Andaaz Apna Apna
9. Dil Chahta Hai
10. Kaho Na Pyaar Hai
The top 10 must watch Bollywood movies
1. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
2. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
3. Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
4. Rang De Basanti (2006)
5. Taare Zameen Par (2007)
6. 3 Idiots (2009)
7. Dangal (2016)
8. PK (2014)
9. Sultan (2016)
10. Padmaavat (2018)
The top 10 must watch Hindi films
There are countless Hindi films out there, but which ones should you watch? Here is a list of the top 10 must watch Hindi films, in no particular order.
1. Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006)
2. 3 Idiots (2009)
3. PK (2014)
4. Dangal (2016)
5. Andaz Apna Apna (1994)
6. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
7. Sholay (1975)
8. Chaalis Chaurasi (1984)
9. Hera Pheri (2000)
10. Jolly LLB (2013)
Why you should watch Hindi movies
Hindi movies are gaining popularity all over the world. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should watch Hindi movies:
1) The stories are unique and different from what Hollywood offers.
2) The songs and dances are colorful and vibrant.
3) Hindi movies often have a strong message to convey.
4) They offer a glimpse into Indian culture and tradition.
5) The actors and actresses are extremely talented and good-looking.
6) The costumes and make-up are very elaborate and beautiful.
7) Hindi movies are usually very long, so you get your money’s worth!
8) They are visually very appealing, with lavish sets and locations.
9) They often have a happy ending, which is refreshing.
10) They will make you laugh, cry, think, feel – they’re an all-round entertainment package!